This NPORS training course provides delegates with the knowledge and practical skills involved in moving plant on and off low-loaders, and the correct securement for transportation in a competent, safe manner after passing both the NPORS theory and practical tests.
To provide knowledge and understanding in the following areas:
- Have a basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and their responsibilities as an operative in the industry
- Have a working knowledge of the manufacturer’s handbook for the particular machine to be used and relevant legislation
- Be able to identify different types of transport, explain their purpose, the major components, basic construction, controls and terminology
- Conduct all pre-operational checks in accordance with manufacturer’s and legislative requirements
- Conduct all necessary safety checks at the loading / unloading area
- Ensure that the transporter is correctly configured in readiness for loading and unloading
- Explain hazards that may exist in the work area and how to avoid them, e.g. underground services, overhead power lines etc.
- Agree a method of communication and use it
- Load or direct items of plant onto and off transporting vehicle
- Arrange and secure items of plant on transport vehicle ready for transport on the public highway
- Carry out all end of shift and shut down procedures
Haunchwood Park Drive, Nuneaton, GB, CV10 9PDDirections