This webpage refers to personal data, which is defined as information concerning any living person (a
natural person who hereafter will be called the Data Subject) that is not already in the public domain.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) seeks to protect and enhance the rights of data subjects.
These rights cover the safeguarding of personal data, protection against the unlawful processing of
personal data and the unrestricted movement of personal data within the EU. It should be noted that GDPR
does not apply to information already in the public domain.
Ivor King is pleased to provide the following Privacy Notice:
Ivor King uses the information collected from you to provide quotations, make telephone contact and to
email you marketing information which Ivor King believes may be of interest to you and your business. In
you making initial contact you consent to Ivor King maintaining a marketing dialogue with you until you
either opt out (which you can do at any stage) or we decide to desist in promoting our services. Ivor King
also acts on behalf of its clients in the capacity of data processor. When working exclusively as a data
processor, Ivor King will be acting on the instruction of its client, and will work hard to ensure that the client
is fully GDPR compliant.
Some personal data may be collected about you from the forms and surveys you complete, from records
of our correspondence and phone calls and details of your visits to our website, including but not limited to
personally identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. Ivor King may from time to time use
such information to identify its visitors. Ivor King may also collect statistics about the behavior of visitors to
Any information Ivor King holds about you and your business encompasses all the details we hold about
you and any sales transactions including any third-party information we have obtained about you from public
sources and our own suppliers such as credit referencing agencies.
Ivor King will only collect the information needed so that it can provide you with marketing and consulting
services. Ivor King does not sell or broker your data, although coincidentally there may be times when your
information could be contained in data that Ivor King has purchased from a third-party list broker, on behalf
of a client.
computer, and that the visitor’s browser provides to the website each time the visitor returns. WordPress.org
website visitors who do not wish to have cookies placed on their computers should set their browsers to
Legal basis for processing any personal data
To meet Ivor King’s contractual obligations to clients and to also respond to marketing enquiries.
Legitimate interests pursued by Ivor King and/or its clients
To promote the products and services offered by Ivor King and/or to market the services and/or products
offered by Ivor King’s existing clients.
Through agreeing to this privacy notice you are consenting to Ivor King processing your personal data for
the purposes outlined. You can withdraw consent at any time by emailing DPO@ivorking.co.uk or writing
to us, see last section for full contact details.
Ivor King may on occasions pass your Personal Information to third parties exclusively to process work on
its behalf. Ivor King requires these parties to agree to process this information based on our instructions
and requirements consistent with this Privacy Notice and GDPR.
Ivor King do not broker or pass on information gained from your engagement with the agency without your
consent. However, Ivor King may disclose your Personal Information to meet legal obligations, regulations
or valid governmental request. The agency may also enforce its Terms and Conditions, including
investigating potential violations of its Terms and Conditions to detect, prevent or mitigate fraud or security
or technical issues; or to protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of Ivor King, its
clients and/or the wider community.
Ivor King will process personal data during the duration of any contract and will continue to store only the
personal data needed for 12 years after the contract has expired to meet any legal obligations. After 12
years any personal data not needed will be deleted.
Data is held in the UK using different (multiple) servers. Ivor King does not store personal data outside the
Your rights as a data subject
At any point whilst Ivor King is in possession of or processing your personal data, all data subjects have
the following rights:
• Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
• Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate
• Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be
erased from our records.
• Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply you have a right to restrict
• Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another
• Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct
• Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right not to
be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
In the event that Ivor King refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason
as to why, which you have the right to legally challenge.
Ivor King, at your request, can confirm what information it holds about you and how it is processed.
You can request the following information:
• Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation (Ivor King) that has determined how
and why to process your data.
• Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
• The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
• If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of Ivor King or a third party such as one of its
clients, information about those interests.
• The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
• Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
• How long the data will be stored.
• Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
• Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
• How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority (Data Protection Regulator).
• Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement
necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data
and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
• The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
• Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful
information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of
To access what personal data is held, identification will be required
Ivor King will accept the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested: a copy
of your national ID card, driving license, passport, birth certificate and a utility bill not older than three
months. A minimum of one piece of photographic ID listed above and a supporting document is required. If
Ivor King is dissatisfied with the quality, further information may be sought before personal data can be
All requests should be made to DPO@ivorking.co.uk or by phoning +44 24 7639 7272 or by writing to us
at the address further below.
In the event that you wish to make a compliant about how your personal data is being processed by Ivor
King or its partners, you have the right to complain to Ivor King’s Managing Director. If you do not get a
response within 30 days you can complain to the Data Protection Regulator.
The details for each of these contacts are:
Attention of the Managing Director
Haunchwood Park Industrial Estate
Telephone +44 24 7639 7272
or email DPO@ivorking.co.uk
Data Protection Regulator:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Telephone 0303 123 1113
or email: email@example.com