King Post Walls, made up of king posts (sometimes referred to as ‘soldier piles’) and infill panels, are often used when hard ground conditions dictate, to offer a cost effective earth retention system, used as either a permanent or temporary solution.
Where sheet piles are unable to penetrate, the ground can be drilled, allowing a post to be installed at pre-determined centres, then horizontally in-filled with a panel lining system using a variety of methods, including;
- Pre-cast concrete – made to suit exact sizes
- Architectural precast – with formed finish to meet the requirements of the client
- Steel sheet piles – generally lighter than concrete panels and can be extracted for reuse
- Timber – new wood or recycled timber can be used (such as railway sleepers)
- Cladding – panels can be clad with a huge variety of products from stone and brick, to plastics and coloured glass.
King Post Walls may be used for many different retention applications and heights in a variety of ground conditions and are ideally suited to hard driving in difficult ground conditions, including rock. This type of retaining wall is ideal for industrial and commercial use, including housing projects.
Our powerful double rotary head piling rigs may be used to bore most soil and rock types.
Our King Post Walls are designed to Eurocode Standards.