This NPORS training course provides delegates with the knowledge and practical skills to work around a Piling Rig overseeing operations in a competent, safe manner after passing both the NPORS theory and practical tests.
- Have a basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and their responsibilities as a piling rig attendant
- Have a working knowledge of the piling rig to be attended
- Be able to locate and identify the major components of the piling rig and explain their functions
- Be able to locate and identify ancillary equipment and explain their functions
- Assist in conducting pre-operational checks in accordance with manufacturer’s and legislative requirements
- Conduct safety checks of the work area and agree hand signals and verbal commands
- Identify and maintain PPE appropriate for piling rig attendant
- Assist in rigging-up and prepare ancillary equipment for piling operations
- Guide and position rig on to the piling position and start piling process.
- Environmental considerations
- Assist in de-rigging and end of shift and shut down procedures
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of assisting in the loading and unloading procedures for piling rig transportation
Haunchwood Park Drive, Nuneaton, GB, CV10 9PDDirections