This CPCS training course provides delegates with the knowledge and practical skills to operate in the role of Crane Supervisor in a competent, safe manner after passing both the CPCS theory and practical tests. The course is suitable for supervisors and managers with responsibility for lifting operations.
Topics covered during this course include:
• Relevant legislation and Codes of Practice pertaining to the role of Crane Supervisor
• Roles and responsibilities of this role, as well as other related roles
• Appreciation of cranes types, capabilities and limitations, including commonly used terminology relating to crane use.
• Different types of lifting accessories and how they are used
• Crane stability, safe loading and safe load indicators
• Planning a lifting operation and preparing the lift site
• Maintenance, inspections and thorough examination for lifting equipment and accessories
• Slinging techniques for given loads
• Communication methods for a range of lifting purposes
• Controlling lift operations from a given lift plan
• How to identify potential hazards and unsafe lifting operations
Haunchwood Park Drive, Nuneaton, GB, CV10 9PDDirections