We deliver cost-effective training solutions for companies and individuals, including CPCS & NPORS Approved Construction Plant Training and Testing from our centrally located facilities in the heart of the Midlands.
This CPCS training course provides a comprehensive understanding of operating a Crawler Crane, including practical and theoretical knowledge. The aim is to ensure candidates can carry out their role as crawler crane driver in a competent, safe manner after passing both the CPCS theory and practical tests.
This course also includes elements of maintenance needed to ensure a crane is always operating correctly.
To provide knowledge and understanding in the following areas:
• Operating the crane safely and productively
• Responding to recognised crane signals accurately
• Positioning the crane correctly
• Altering jib lengths and associated safety devices
• Carrying out routine maintenance and making minor adjustments
• Understanding safe-load indicators and duties charts
• Identify the basic theory of power units, transmission systems and control systems
• Programming safe-load indicators
• Understanding the effects of radius change on the safe working capacity
• Observing the statutory regulations and Codes of Practice
• Gauging the effect of shock loading on structural strength, stability and load displacement
• Recognising the principles of safe slinging and the types and capacities of chains, slings and lifting gear.
Haunchwood Park Drive, Nuneaton, GB, CV10 9PDDirections