We’re able to supply a wide variety of size, weight and grade of steel in both new mill certified piles and excellent quality used stock. We permanently hold over 3000 tonnes of U and Z pile sections, allowing us react to any urgent or emergency piling situation.
Furthermore, our wholly owned and operated heavy haulage capability means that we can quickly mobilise and deliver your order throughout the UK efficiently after receiving your enquiry.
Available in Mild Steel Grade S270 and High Yield Grades S355 – S490 GP, our sheet piles are available to purchase new or second hand in length ranges of 3.00m to 16.00m+ and are available in a variety of sections to suit your application.
Product tolerances are all independent certified and comply with BS EN 10248 Part 2 quality assurance.
For new steel purchases we can supply mill certificates, and for any second hand steel we supply we can offer material testing to confirm the grade of steel supplied, for your records.
Engineering advantages of using steel sheet piles
- High strength to weight ratio with excellent degree of water-tightness and corrosion resistance
- High section modulus leading to reduced deflections
- Large width, enabling efficient installation
- Comprehensive range of heavy section piles, interlocking options and lengths up to 16.0 + metres long
- Good driving properties that can be used with various methods of installation and specialist plant, offering operational flexibility and commercial benefits
Specific considerations to determine the selection of the type of pile
- Geometry of the retaining wall / embedded retaining wall
- Project start time / lead-in time
- Stock availability
- Quantity of material
- Design Requirements
- Pile Specification
- Installation method
- Temporary or permanent
- Ground conditions / Geology
The engineering advantages of U Sheet Pile Sections
- A wide range of sections forming several series with various geometric characteristics allowing a technically optimum choice for each specific project
- Combination of great profile depth with large flange thickness
- The symmetrical form of the single element makes this type of sheet pile particularly convenient for re-use and therefore has cost saving benefits
- Easy fixing of tie-rods and swivelling attachments, even under water
- Good corrosion resistance, the steel being the thickest at the critical corrosion points
- Generally heavier than its equivalent Z pile section, making it a preferred pile section in temporary works.
The engineering advantages of Z Pile Sections
- Extremely competitive section modulus to mass ratio
- Increased inertia for reduced deflection
- Large width, resulting in efficient installation
- Can be supplied and installed as single 700mm wide piles or as double 1400mm wide piles
- Good corrosion resistance, the steel being thickest at the critical corrosion points
Our Pile Hire and Sales Division is dedicated to support all of your permanent and temporary needs and we are able to supply a wide variety of U and Z Section Steel Sheet Piles from stock or direct from the mill.
For further information, please contact our Hire Controller; Claire Barr on 024 7639 7272 or email firstname.lastname@example.org